Bike racks all available on most buses in Placer County.
Loading your bike:
- Let the driver know you will be loading your bike. Don’t step in front of the bus until the driver tells you it’s safe to do so.
- Bikes must be loaded at the front of the bus from the curbside. Bikes are not allowed inside the bus.
- If the rack is folded up, simply pull it down.
- Lift the bike up and fit it into the racks wheel wells, each labeled for front and rear wheels. If rack is empty, use the space closest to the bus.
- Lift the support arm up and over the front tire.
Unloading you bike:
- Exit through the front of the bus and tell the driver that you must get your bike. Unload from the curbside only.
- Raise the support arm off the front tire and lower it to the resting position.
- Lift your bike out of the rack. If the rack is now empty, fold the rack back up. Step away from the bus back toward the curb.
On Capitol Corridor trains, bikes may be carried on board. You can find bicycle racks on the lower level of most coach cars. Most Amtrak motorcoach buses can accommodate bicycles, if stored underneath the motorcoach in the luggage compartment.