[AUGUST WINNERS ANNOUNCED! SEE BELOW]
During the summer months when heat combines with automobile exhaust to produce some of our worst air pollution in Placer County, reducing your vehicle trips by using a “clean air commute” option makes a lot of sense – and dollars, too. Clean air commute or alternative transportation modes include:
- taking transit
Using a clean air commute option at least once during July and/or August makes you eligible to win monthly $25 gift cards of your choice and a $100 cash prize sponsored by the Placer County Transportation Planning Agency (PCTPA).
Approximately one in 10 participants will win each month!
The more often you use clean air commute modes, the more chances you have to win each month!
If you participate both months, you have a chance to win the grand prize of $250 cash!
Participate on a Spare the Air Day, and you will be entered into an additional special gift card drawing just for that day!
To participate in the Spare the Air for Bucks program, register on the Sacramento Region Commuter Club website (sacregioncommuterclub.org) and begin logging your clean air commute trips for the month in the Trip Diary.
By registering for the Commuter Club, not only will you be able to participate in the Spare the Air for Bucks program, but you will also earn Commuter Club credits when you log your commute trips in the Trip Diary. These credits are good for chances to win additional prizes during each month that you continue to log your commute trips throughout the year.
- Eligible participants must be employed in Placer County.
- If you have previously registered for May is Bike Month, you will automatically be registered in the Sacramento Region Commuter Club website.
- If your employer is located in an office complex or employment site with multiple tenants, please list the name and address of your office complex or employment site. In Roseville, your employment site may already be listed in the drop down box on the registration form.
- The Commuter Club Trip Diary will allow you to log your clean air commute trips as frequently as you would like, but no less than once every three weeks.
- You can only enter information for the current week and the previous two weeks, so don’t wait until the end of the month to log your clean air commutes for the whole month.
- Spare the Air for Bucks prize drawings will be held on or around the 8th of the following month, so clean air commute trips must be logged by the 8th of the following month to be eligible for each monthly prize drawing (example: July days of using a clean air commute option must be logged no later than August 8th).
- Winners of the monthly drawings and special Spare the Air Day drawings will be selected at the end of each month. The grand prize drawing will be held in early September.
To help get the word out about the Spare the Air for Bucks program and to encourage others to use a clean air commute mode, we’ve provided a flyer that can be printed and displayed at your office or work site.
AUGUST 2014 WINNERS
$25 Gift Card Winners – August 2014
- Rachel Brown from Aventist Health CARPOOLED to work
- Bernd Von Wendorff from Hewlett Packard BICYCLED to work
- Susan Watson from PASCO Scientific CARPOOLED to work
- Jacob Javitz from Aventist Health CARPOOLED to work
- Trisha Hubbard from Northern California Power Agency BICYCLED to work
- Alton Fong from Hewlett Packard CARPOOLED to work
- Cheryl Carnes from Keysight Technologies TELECOMMUTED
- Jon Benoist from Hewlett Packard TELECOMMUTED
- Jim Evans from Allstate Insurance Company BICYCLED to work
- Cindy Jones from Sutter Shared Services CARPOOLED to work
- Donna McGeachy from Statefarm Insurance Company CARPOOLED to work
- Debby Nelson from City of Auburn took PUBLIC TRANSIT to work
- Josephine Craig from Sutter Shared Services CARPOOLED to work
$100 Cash Monthly Grand Prize Winner – August 2014
- Paul Gervacio from Niello Auto Group BIKED to work
$250 Super Grand Prize Cash Winner – July & August 2014
- Michelle Carillo from City of Roseville BIKED to work
JULY 2014 WINNERS
$25 Gift Card Winners – July 2014
- Gary Whitney from Aventist Health BICYCLED to work
- Paula Hood from the Santucci Justice Center took TRANSIT to work
- Gena Vieira from Sutter Shared Services CARPOOLED to work
- Alana Lin from Aventist Health CARPOOLED to work
- Michael Aldrich from Aventist Health BIKED to work
- Samantha Paulson from PASCO Scientific CARPOOLED to work
- John Lloyd from PMC Sierra CARPOOLED to work
- Nanette Lin from Aventist Health CARPOOLED to work
- Shannon Quignon from PASCO Scientific CARPOOLED to work
- Ronald Yuen from Northern California Power Agency BICYCLED to work
- Jeff Trott from Aventist Health BICYCLED to work
- Kyle Mallatt from the City of Roseville BICYCLED to work
$25 Gift Card Winners – Spare the Air Days
- July 27, 2014: Uttam Rao Ambhatipelli from Roseville Center WALKED to work
$100 Cash Monthly Grand Prize Winner – July 2014
- Michael Takeuchi from Niello Auto Group BIKED to work