The Placer County Transportation Planning Agency is partnering with Placer County to update the 2002 Placer County Regional Bikeway Plan.
The goals of the PCTPA Regional Bikeway Plan update include:
- Refresh the 2002 vision (goals and policies) for bikeways in the unincorporated areas of Placer County;
- Identify gaps and develop a connected network of bikeways between the unincorporated and incorporated areas of the County;
- Increase the safety and comfort of bicyclists riding in Placer County;
- Incorporate active transportation elements into rural communities and along key cycling corridors;
- Engage the community in developing the recommended network improvements; and
- Develop a prioritized implementation plan of projects to compete for discretionary funding sources such as the Active Transportation Program.
Ultimately, the bikeway projects identified in the Regional Bikeway Plan update will:
- Improve the connections and comfort of regional bikeways.
- Provide safe, convenient, and effective access for bicyclists in Placer County.
- Leverage the region’s scenic bikeways as a tourist destination and economic development opportunity.
We want your assistance as we develop this plan. We know your time is valuable so we would like to make it easy for you to share your thoughts. This month we will be hosting a “virtual” community workshop. Share your knowledge about local bikeways and let us know what improvements you would like to see in the unincorporated areas of Placer County.
Click here to share your thoughts by answering 7 quick questions. The virtual workshop will be available for two weeks from Thursday, June 8 – 22.\
Be sure to share the link and encourage everyone to join the conversation.
Download an informational flyer about the workshop here.
PCTPA began working on the plan update in January 2017. A draft plan will be completed and ready for public review in Fall 2017.