The Placer Parkway Corridor Selection project and its Tier 1 EIS/Program EIR concluded via the following:
- On December 3, 2009, the South Placer Regional Transportation Authority (SPRTA) Board of Directors:
- Conducted a noticed public hearing to take input on the Placer Parkway Corridor Preservation project’s Final Program EIR.
- Approved Resolution #09-06 – Certifying the Final Program EIR and Adopting Findings, a Statement of Overriding Considerations, and a Mitigation Monitoring and Reporting Program for compliance with the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA).
- Approved Resolution #09-07 – Selecting the Placer Parkway Corridor – Alternative #5 with a No-Access Buffer.
- On May 7, 2010, the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) completed its Record of Decision (ROD), which selected Placer Parkway Corridor Alternative 5 with a No-Access Buffer Zone pursuant to the National Policy Environmental Act (NEPA). The FHWA published its Notice of Final Actions in the Federal Register on May 26, 2010.
Based on the completed Tier 1 EIS/Program EIR and Placer Parkway Corridor selection, the following actions are anticipated:
- Placer and Sutter counties, partners in the planning process for corridor selection and the Tier 1 EIS/Program EIR, are working to amend their General Plans to preserve the Placer Parkway Corridor.
- Placer and Sutter counties are taking the lead on the future construction-level process to identify a roadway alignment within the Placer Parkway Corridor and its Tier 2 environmental review. For more information, contact:
Placer County Public Works –
3091 County Center Dr., Suite 220
Auburn, CA 95603
Sutter County Community Services –
1160 Civic Center Boulevard, Suite A
Yuba City, CA 95993