The Future of Transportation in Placer County
PCTPA is statutorily required to prepare a long-range transportation plan every five years, known as the Regional Transportation Plan (RTP). This important document projects population and housing growth, estimates revenue, and outlines transportation investment priorities for the next 20 years. Because transportation plays a key role in promoting economic development and protecting quality of life, PCTPA worked with residents, elected officials, and stakeholders from across Placer County to prepare the plan.
View the Plan
The Final Regional Transportation Plan was released on November 21, 2019 after a 45-day comment period that began August 28, 2019 and ended October 14, 2019. Comments received on the Draft EIR were reviewed and incorporated into the final plan a necessary. The Final RTP and EIR was adopted by the PCTPA Board of Directors on December 4, 2019. Below are links to the full and complete documents.
- Final 2040 Regional Transportation Plan (Full Document) [PDF]
- Final 2040 Regional Transportation Plan Executive Summary [PDF]
- Final 2040 Regional Transportation Plan Appendices (Full Document) [PDF]
- Final Environmental Impact Report for the 2040 Regional Transportation Plan (Full Document) [PDF]
- CEQA Findings for the 2040 Placer County Regional Transportation Plan (Full Document) [PDF]
Individual chapters for each document are available through this link.
Contact Aaron Hoyt, Senior Planner at. 530-823-4032.